Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Diary of Matilda the Sock Monkey Day 12 Really Bad Day!

Let me tell you about the worst and best day of my life. Up to this point my  my life has been very simple for potty training proposes I have been hooked up in the front hall and I have spent most of my days and nights there. This is not so bad as my family always makes an effort to come and give me lots of pets as often as they can. This brings me to the bad part of my story. As, I may have said in a previous entry food is boring. I usually dump it out and bury it to find it later just to keep it interesting. This is a mild annoyance to my mother who worries that I do not get enough to eat because nine times out of ten my doggy sister eats my stash before I have a chance to get around to eating it.  The problem was that without my parents noticing I developed a small tare in my tummy from a free busy bone that was found in my dog food bag. This made it impossible for me to eat it hurt so bad that I just stopped eating all together. This is not a good thing as ones body needs nutrition to survive. Since this was not being acquired I collapsed and my mother had to rush me to the doctor. 500 dollars and a lot of shot pain later the Vet could not tell my mother what was wrong. When she brought me home she gave me some stake knowing that no matter how bad I felt I could not resist being hand fed some steak. I yelped and spun around letting her know right away that eating hurt. From that point on I got a dropper full of yucky pink stuff then a bit of thin sliced steak. After one week  of this I am now once again eating chow like a champ.  The best part of this whole deal is that I am no longer confined to the front hall as I am much calmer and I go outdoors to do my business. I had to endure great pain but now I am free to roam the house which means lots of petting whenever I come into the room. I hope I never have to go through pain like that again but I am happy for the opportunity to hang out with my family all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment