Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Diary of Matilda the Sock Monkey Day 7 It is great to be a dog

I am so sorry for be so slow in writing when you do not have any fingers or thumbs it is hard to type.  Now do not get me wrong paws are great. With them they you can hold down toys or your food and give hugs. My favorite thing to do is walk through the mud and then print all over the newly cleaned house. I believe that it is great being a dog and since you are already here I'll tell you a little bit about it.
     Let me start at my head. The first thing you will notice about me is my nose. Unlike a beagle it is long and rounded. This feature is good for finding discarded, food, socks, and anything else I can hold in my slobbering, drooling, tong infested mouth. Next are my eyes they can be very useful for finding the above, mentioned goodies. They also look great when you squint with your head tilted to the side. I have found that this pose will get you a lot of attention if combined with my next feature my ears. These can be both bad and good. Some Pros they flap like propellers in the wind when I am running or stick my head out of the car window. If I fold them down and walk backward while my parent is walking forward I can wiggle out of my collar. Some of the more obvious cons are that since they are so long (mine are 20 in from tip to tip). Things tend to get tangled up in them including but not limited to my feet causing me to tumble. Also Bugs think that they are great place to hang out. For example recently I had two ticks in my ears that my mom had to pick out. She said I was so brave for just sitting there letting her. Next since they are so long they tend to get infected when this happens they smell like sour dough and itch so bad I can hardly stand it. When this happens some has to come with a wipe and clean them I do not like that at all.
    To complement my amazing head is body that is all girth. Despite my large size I am very agile. You will typically find me on top of a table, on the back of the couch or flying through the air as I bound along barely even touching the ground.      Last but not least there is my tail this is my best feature in my opinion because it is so expressive. When I am sad or scared I can tuck it between my legs. When I am bored I can chase it. When I am happy I can wag it side to side or when I get really exited around and around like a propeller.
    So in short I think that despite the fact that I do not have fingers I am a very wonderful creation and someone out there knew just what they were up to when they made me. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment