Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Diary of Matilda the Sock Monkey Day 6 I have to go Potty!

 Today I would like to talk about the art of going potty. I seem to recall that my ancestors were wolves right? They roam free eat what they want play with what they want and do there business were ever and whenever they felt the need. In the last thousand years us dogs have sacrificed a lot so that you people could have companionship. Now do not get me wrong I like the cushy pillow life as much as the next dog but you people have to understand were we are coming from. I have to be taught were and when I should go braking me of the natural behavior of going when I feel like it. I know that it may seem like I am purposefully going were you are sure to step on it in with your barefoot but believe me I am just going when the mood strikes. I usually tell you before hand that I have to go. I whine, go stand at the door, sit on your lap and grin, fallow you around and get under your feet. It is not my fault if you miss interpret my signals. Next I am all about reward for deeds well done. If you praise me when I do well and appeal to my other instinct of eating what I want I will return the favor. Just because I am a dog dose not mean I do not want to be in a give and take relationship. To sum up I just want to say that we do not know that you want us to go outside you have to retrain us were and when it is appropriate. Teach us that the house is the den and we need to mark outside keep an eye on us we will usually let you know. When we do what you want give us good love and we will continue to go outside to get it because that is why we were domesticated in the first place we just can not live without those belly rubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment